AFI-IPL is a local research and counsel facility with special focus on labour themes, founded in 1995. The aim is to enhance the current economic, social and occupational situation of employees. Therefore, we work closely with labour unions and social syndicates, and provide them with expertise and knowledge for their negotiations and interactions on the economic and political level. The public funded institute is located in Bozen/Bolzano (South Tyrol, Italy). Stefan Perini leads the institute; the executive committee is composed of local representatives of labour unions, social syndicates and provincial government.
Key mission and fields of expertise
- Research on labour market problems, industrial relations, quality of work
- Analysis of welfare policies on workers and families
- Studies on equal opportunities
- Policy-oriented recommendations to labour-strategies on the territory
- Educational information on workplace law
- All issues with a special focus on South Tyrol, if required, extended to the national levels of Italy, Austria, Germany or other European regions of interest.
The output figures as research reports, handouts, newsletters, press releases, conferences and papers, generally both in German and Italian. The activities include also participation in policy advice working groups.